Interest in Said Benrahma expected to increase again ahead of deadline day after West Ham move stalls


Brentford forward Said Benrahma is braced for bids from other clubs in the final days of the EFL window after his West Ham move stalled. The 25 year-old has not agreed personal terms with the Hammers, leaving an opportunity for Aston Villa to follow up their interest ahead of Friday’s deadline for domestic deals with lower-league clubs. Crystal Palace also had the Algeria international on their shortlist of summer transfer targets but have not made an official approach. West Ham turned their attention to Benrahma over the weekend and agreed a deal worth around £25 million plus £5m in add-ons, although the deal still needed personal terms and a medical to be completed before being finalised. The Hammers also have an interest in Josh King at Bournemouth and had a bid turned down for the Norway international. He will be allowed to leave the Vitality Stadium for the right deal, as he has this season left on his contract. Benrahma appeared to be closer to a move to be part of David Moyes’ team, with the Hammers manager wanting to bring in an attacker after Felipe Anderson’s move to Portuguese club Porto last week. Brentford have been holding out for the best deal possible and do not want to let him go cheaply, having sold Ollie Watkins to Villa in a deal that saw them land £28m up front before add-ons. They also held firm when Arsenal made bids for their goalkeeper, David Raya. Villa could still move for Benrahma despite landing Watkins, who scored a hat-trick against Liverpool before the international break. Both players were part of the same attack last season for Dean Smith’s former club. Benrahma has played three games this season for his club, including the EFL Cup win over Fulham where he scored one of the goals of the season so far.

Original Source: Yahoo!

Recent Content